With developments in holistic veterinary medicine over the last two decades we’re able to look at your animal’s body with new insights and perspectives. With this approach a wide range of conditions can now be frequently aided or cured by natural approaches.
Below is a list of some of the conditions. It is not possible to list every condition, and some conditions may not have a known medical name.
Feel free to call our office if you wish to ask if your animal’s specific disorder can be helped.
Here are some of the many conditions that Dr. Todd Metcalf D.V.M. treats patients for.
- Digestive/Gastrointestinal – Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Irritable Bowel, Colitis, Pancreatitis (acute and chronic/recurring), Vomiting disorders, Constipation and Diarrhea syndromes (acute and chronic), Stomach Disorders such as Ulcers and Gastritis, etc.
- Skin and Coat – Allergies (herbal, dietary, and non-invasive oral drops are amongst the most effective treatments for allergies in the veterinary field), Hair loss (Alopecia), Dry Coat, Demodectic Mange, Infections (Pyoderma), Seborrhea Oleosa or Sicca, Hives (Urticaria) Pemphigus, Lick Dermatitis (Lick Granuloma), etc.
- Allergies – Skin, Sinuses, Respiratory, (herbal, dietary and non-invasive drops are among the most effective treatments in the veterinary field for allergies), etc.
- Musculoskeletal and Joint – Arthritis, Intervertebral Disc Disease and Paralysis, Cruciate Ligament Damage, Neck and Back Pain, Spondylosis, Wobbler’s Disease, Sports Injuries, Elbow Dysplasia, and many more Joint, Tendon, Ligament, Muscle, and Soft Tissue Injuries, etc.
- Nervous system – Paralysis from Intervertebral Disc Disease and other causes, Vestibular Syndrome, Degenerative Myelopathy, Seizures, Cerebrovascular Accidents (Stroke), Encephalitis and Meningitis (including Vaccine related), Necrotizing Encephalitis, Hepatic Encephalopathy, Seizures, Bells Palsy, etc.
- Kidney – Kidney Insufficiency or Failure (acute and chronic), Kidney Stones (Renoliths), Kidney infections (Pyelonephritis), Glomerulonephritis (including Autoimmune), etc.
- Bladder – Infections (acute and chronic/recurring Cystitis) in dogs and cats, Crystals and/or Stones (acute and chronic/recurring Crystalluria and/or Uroliths) in dogs and cats, Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disorder (FLUTD), etc.
- Liver and Gall Bladder – Hepatitis (Infective and/or Inflammatory) of a wide variety of types and causes, both acute and chronic; Hepatic Lipidosis; Cholecystitis, Gall Bladder Stones; Hepatic Encephalopathy, etc.
- Tumors, Cancers and Growths – Natural treatment may be done alone or combined with conventional treatment. Quality of life is often significantly enhanced. Many tumors can be stopped, slowed, or resolved, etc.
- Anxieties, Aggressions, and Fear disorders – Including Thunderstorm Anxiety, Fear Aggression, Territorial Aggression, Dominance Aggression, Separation Anxiety, Noise Sensitivity Grieving, Depression, etc.
- Autoimmune and Immune-Mediated – ITP (Immune-Meditated Thrombocytopenia), IHA/IMHA (Immune-Mediated Hemolytic Anemia), MMM (Masticatory Muscle Myositis), Acute and Chronic Vaccine Reactions (may be causing Aggression, Skin Allergies, ITP, IHA, Thyroid Disorders, etc.), Pemphigus and other Skin Diseases, Immune-Mediated internal organ diseases such as Glomerulonephritis (kidneys), certain Eye Diseases, etc.
- Eyes – Detached Retina, Conjunctivitis, Kerratoconjunctivitis Sicca (KCS or Dry Eye), Progressive Retinal Atrophy(PRA), etc.
- Ears – Otitis, Hearing loss, Skin Diseases affecting the ear (Hair loss, Pemphigus and other Autoimmune Disorders), etc.
- Nose and Sinuses – Acute and chronic/recurring Infections, Allergies (Sinusitis, Rhinitis), etc.
- Heart – Certain Arrhythmias, Valvular disorders, Congestive Heart Failure, etc.
- Respiratory – Cough, Allergies, Bronchitis, Asthma, Pneumonia, Collapsing Trachea, etc.
- Reproductive – Infertility-Female and Male, Abnormal Estrus Cycles, Infections and Inflammatory Conditions, etc.